1. What is TDS Enquiry?
TDS enquiry is a facility to generate the details of tax deducted from your deposit account during the previous financial year or projected tax for the current financial year.
2. What are the types of accounts for which I can perform TDS enquiry?
You can enquire on any deposit account mapped to your Internet banking username.
3. What are the criteria for deducting TDS?
TDS is deducted if the interest amount due to you exceeds Rs.10,000/- per annum.
4. Can I generate the TDS details for any year?
Currently the facility for TDS enquiry is available for the current and previous financial years only.
5. How long does it take to generate TDS details for an account?
It takes 30 minutes to generate the TDS details for an account.
6. How is TDS projections for the current financial year useful to me?
The TDS projections for the current financial year help you to plan your tax investments.
7. Can I print the TDS details PDF and submit it to Income tax department?
In order to produce a TDS certificate you need to print the TDS Details and get it signed by the authorized branch signatory.